Today, we find ourselves surrounded by not one but two invisible enemies.
The first being Covid-19, a killer virus and a new foe that has changed how we will live and work forever. The second, discrimination. A much older enemy but who’s impact can be felt with just as great a level of economic and physical damage.
Covid’s impact on how we live and work along with the absolute necessity to ensure that we promote inclusion and diversity; that we hire without bias or prejudice; that we remove the unfair advantages many of us, our founders included, benefit from; that we facilitate a means for the bottom 1% to move up and that we look after those mentally and physically who work amongst us can all be tackled in someway or another by Technology.
HR Technology can be a force for good and support the change needed in the world. It is in this vein, that we are proud to be launching the Workplace Accelerator
What is The Workplace Accelerator?
The Workplace Accelerator is South East Asia’s first HR Tech dedicated accelerator programme that is designed to support the businesses that shape how the world’s fastest growing markets work.
In our first batch, we are going to identify and nurture the best 10 early stage HR Tech businesses with the aim of helping them to become the regional champions.
We have structured a world class programme with a dedicated panel of advisors who will spend more than +20hrs on 1 to 1 mentoring and workshop sessions with entrepreneurs in the programme to find project market fit, accelerate their growth and scale their operations their business.
Over 50+ expert HR leaders to act as mentors representing renowned corporates in the region including Seek, Grab, DBS, UOB, Google, Amazon, Seek, Philips, IBM and volunteering to spend time with the programme participants giving them direct market access, access to potential clients and pilots.
Throughout the programme, the startups will also have access to additional funding, partner benefits and the most dedicated HR Tech ecosystem in APAC.
Shaping HR Tech to be a force for good:
We are focused on 5 categories of HR Tech and solving the key questions that each can answer:
1. Talent Management – how can we measure, manage and develop team mates and ensure all are treated fairly?
2. Talent Acquisition – How can we find the right candidates and ensure promoting diversity and inclusion whilst prohibiting bias?
3. Workforce Management – How can we create an environment and operating structures that allow staff to thrive in the post COVID work environment ?
4. HR & Admin – How can we free up time and add value back to our colleagues through new processes,and practices?
5. Collaboration & Productivity –how can we help our teams to get things done and focus on higher value added activities?
Technology holds a pivotal part to helping answer these questions and through greater awareness and acceptance of their potential, we can hopefully accelerate the much-needed change in the world and workplace.
Why South East Asia:
South East Asia is undergoing a rapid period of growth and development. New practices and ways of working are being formed from the bottom up and have the potential here to leapfrog the old ways in a single movement.
There are 5 key driving factors are:
1. The sheer size of population and economic growth means that over the next 5 years South East Asia will become a powerhouse and have the collective manpower of more than 40% of the world. Where better to help shape the tools of tomorrow’s workplace?
2. 55% of the workforce are now millennials or younger and therefore both expect and demand a more digitally oriented workplace
3. 70% of companies were already looking to spend more on HR Tech PreCOVID with this figure to accelerate now as new means of working are expected
5. It is a hotbed of innovation for the sector already with 2,000+ HR Tech tools in the region at an early stage and just showing the signs of traction.
HR Tech has seen investment treble from $1.8bn in 2017 to nearly $6bn in 2019 by VCs globally however only a fraction of that comes from South East Asia as a region despite the fact that exit multiples at 7x sales on average are significantly higher than most marketplaces, content or ecommerce businesses.
The region has yet to see its first HR Tech equivalent of a NinjaVan or Carousell or Zilingo and as such fantastic businesses that can make a massive difference often go under supported. We want this to end.
Why The Workplace Accelerator?
The incredible network of 50+ dedicated advisors and mentors with industry subject matter expertise and direct client access is certainly one set of reasons.
Another is that the programme has been built for HR Tech entrepreneurs by HR Tech Entrepreneurs who want to see the vertical flourish for all the reasons above.
Between the founding partners of The Workplace Accelerator, we have raised $ms in VC funding from leading investors, built numerous award winning HR Tech products, won accolades, created new categories in online staffing, and guided the innovation and investments of Fortune 500 companies in the recruitment and HR space as well as so much more.
There could not be a more specialised programme for HR Tech Startups in South East Asia, to receive the best support to further growth their businesses and make their stamps on the future of work.
How can I get involved?
We would love to get as many people and businesses involved in this as possible particularly from the HR and recruitment space.
If you are an early stage, post product, post revenue HR Tech platform or future of work related business and interested in taking part, then you can apply here: Apply To Workplace Accelerator
If you are interested in being a mentor or corporate sponsor to the business or investor in the next cohort of regional champions then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you can join us as we try to shape how the world’s fastest growing markets work and in doing so play a small part in building a better future for all.